The Piston Friction Measurement System from IRT quantifies piston friction in an operating engine. This product is a combination of our hardware, technology, and engineering services. We determine piston friction through a combination of wireless measurements on the connecting rod and a sophisticated, proprietary algorithm that calculates the instantaneous friction at any point in the engine cycle. Because we take measurements from a standard running engine, our system accurately represents production values. Furthermore, our measurements allow us to output the friction at the pin journal end and also the wrist pin end of the connecting rod. Having individual values for friction enables engineers to optimize their design performance with minimal investment. This measurement, combined with our proprietary wrist pin rotation system, allows for a complete analysis of piston behavior.
The complexity of these measurements requires involvement of our lead engineers from the planning through execution. Please contact us for a review of your requirements.
- Engine Bearing Wireless Measurement
- Connecting Rod Strain Measurement
- Crankshaft Torque Wireless Measurement
- Engine Piston Pressure Measurement
- Piston Telemetry
- Engine Piston Temperature Measurement
- Piston Wireless Measurement
- Shaft Torque
- Shaft Torque & Power Measurement
- Torque Converter Wireless Measurement